Veterinary Cold Laser Therapy
Veterinary Cold Laser Therapy (VCLT) developed by William L. Inman DVM, CVCP, is the culmination of over twenty years of experience and application of healing technologies using a non-cutting or "cold" lasers on human beings and animals. This author has seldom seen a technology as valuable and inspiring, as this particular technology appears to be. Suffice to say you are witnessing the emergence of a completely new age in healing and certainly a total paradigm shift in veterinary health care.
The data transcribed in this article is designed to give you an introduction to the use of veterinary cold a laser therapy on the domestic animals. The dog, the cat, and the horse can all be adequately treated with a number of modalities in a number of different disease conditions with healing equipment that does not even have to touch the animal's body.
This body of information is designed to give you an adequate blueprint for you to be able to take a specific disease condition, locate the healing solution that is designed to take care of that particular condition, and to prescribe a therapeutic methodology to treat that particular condition in an accelerated and complete fashion.
Light amplification by stimulated emission rays or L.A.S.E.R. is a means of directing highly concentrated coherent light at a concise wavelength to the muscles, tissues, organs, connective tissue, formed elements of the blood, and the living matrix of the body, are all involved and are all subject to laser stimulation and healing.
Photosynthesis is a means by which the light energy from the sun is gathered by reacting with chemicals in plant material to harness the energy of the quantum of light. The sun's light is discharged from the surface of the sun and spreads out in radiating beams that expand further and further apart as they travel from the sun. De to the radiating of the sun's rays, the intensity of energy that is experiences here on Earth is just a small bit of the original radiation field density
Coherent light is polarized, and able to be location ally specific. It does not radiate but rather it is directed to a specific location. Its coherency allows the delivery of exacting quanta of light and in specifically high energy levels to exacting locations with exacting and concise wavelengths.
It has been proven that cells communicate through coherent light. When a sperm and ovum fertilize, they immediately give off coherent light at precisely 632.8 nanometers.
Cells in the living matrix also communicate throughout the total body living things via a coherent light, and that communication is done instantaneously through the living matrix to direct all aspects of healing, growth, regulation of metabolism, and general cell survival.
To be able to dial into this communication process via an artificial methodology such as a cold laser is the ability to emulate the exact methodology is that the cells themselves use to heal themselves and also to grow, to change, and to survive. It has been said, "it is the way God talks to all cells, tissues, organisms and creatures.
Laser light then communicates to the cells on a very basic and powerful level. The nature of the laser light has several facets:
1. Wavelength: the actual wavelength of the light corresponds to how much distance the wave of light is from crest to crest. Such a distance (635 nanometers) is the length of light we are interested in and falls within the red band of visible light.
2. Coherency: light can radiate like the Sun's light or it can be arranged due to stimulated emission via simultaneous excitation of electrons to higher atomic levels and their immediate retroversion back to a lesser level giving off exacting quanta of light at the same wavelength at the same time and orientation, or coherent.
3. Power: the amount of force or power delivered to a particular area with laser light is also dependent on the nature of the retroversion above and the amount of atoms artificially elevated to an unstable state and then allowed to degrade giving off coherent laser light. This is commonly evaluated in Joules/square centimeter and in many devices for medical therapeutics, is often too high.
4. Frequency: this is the turning off and on of the laser light per unit time, in this case pulses per second. The laser can be beneficial if shown continuously but has been proven to be able to "speak" to specific tissues and organs if modulated with specific frequencies. Without varying frequency ability, laser equipment can be only partially effective. A number of early lasers were found to give results but could not "speak" to specific tissues with these exacting frequencies so they were only marginally effective. This is why lasers therapy has not become a "big deal" until now. Also these devices in order to try to make them more effective their power in milliwatts were increased which at first appeared to make them work faster but they also would cause harm and negate the healing that they would do.
There are many reasons that the light therapy works on the structure and metabolism of living tissues. /some of them are:
1. Effects at the cellular level: the reduction of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) is a major effect of the laser light. It has been proven that the light at the proper wavelength repairs mitochondrial DNA (mDNA) and messenger RNA (mRNA), used to support and direct maintenance and metabolism in the cell. (Please see enclosures in the addendum of this work that can explain these effects better than I need to at this point).
2. Effects at the organ level: these effects are seen as the culmination of the combined effects of the rehabilitation of the cells and connective tissues repaired by laser light. As the cell heals, proper metabolism ensues and the organ resumes proper function.
3. Effects at the symptomatic level: in the case of animals we would say at the level of clinical signs but the resumption of proper organ function will then reduce signs/symptoms that were the hallmark of the disease process and are a barometer in the evaluation of the healing process.
4. Effects at the therapeutic level: then as the organs heal, the sign/symptoms resolve we see the organism heal.
Disease Specific Feline Protocols
2. Chronic Inflammatory Bowel Disease (CIBD)
3. Feline Hyperthyroidism,
4. Feline Skin-Spinal Reflex, Feline Neurodermatitis, Endocrine Alopecia, Milliary Eczema
5. Kidney Disease, FUS, FLUTD
Plus many others
1. Canine Hip Dysplasia Syndrome
2. Canine Idiopathic Epilepsy
3. Chronic Inflammatory Bowel Disease
4. Cushing's Disease
5. Canine Wobbler's Disease
7. Progressive Degenerative Myelopathy
8. Urinary Incontinence
Plus many others